Privacy Statement - Suppliers
Salthill Hotel takes your privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with personal information that you and others provide to us, why we gather it and what it means to you. In line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018. We have amended existing data protection system and placed enhanced accountability and transparency obligations on organisations when using your information, including a right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for the delivery of our Services. Please take the time to read this notice carefully.
This summary explains Salthill Hotel’s data practice and tells you about the information we collect about you.
1. What type of information we may hold on you.
- We hold data to identify you or your company, name address and contact details.
- We may hold any information about your Company/Business/Services.
- We may hold any information about you provided by professional bodies relating to your qualifications to undertake the specific contract/work.
- We may hold tender information and associated costings.
- We may hold financial information relating to bank accounts in relation to paying your fees.
2. When we collect your information.
We start to collect your information when you enter into contract to supply Salthill Hotel with your services or products.
3. How we use your information and the legal basis.
We use and share your data only where
- We have a contract for Services – Under Contract.
- You have agreed or given explicit consent to the using of your data in a specific way and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- When it is necessary in relation to the provisions set out in the contract.
- To contact you in an emergency relating to your contract.
- Used for our legitimate interests such as managing our Services including providing you with information regarding your contract.
- Under legal obligation.
4. How we use automated processing or “analytics”.
We do not use any automated processing or analytics of your personal or sensitive information.
5. With whom we might share your information.
- Third parties with whom we need to share your information for the purpose of administrating your contract.
- Statutory or regulatory bodies including central and local government, and law enforcement authorities under disclosure orders or other relevant regulations.
- Health & Safety Authority in the case of accidents or incidents at work.
6. How long we hold your data.
How long we hold your data is subject to legislation and regulatory rules we must follow, set by authorities such as the Department of Finance, Health Service Executive, Health & Safety Authority, and Revenue. Usually this means that we hold your data while we use your services and for a period thereafter in line with our records retention and destruction policy.
7. Your rights.
From 25th May 2018, you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information including the right, without undue delay, to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information;
- Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- Object to particular use of your personal data for our legitimate business;
- In certain circumstances, to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted;
- Exercise the right to data portability (i.e. obtain a transferable copy of your information we hold to transfer to another provider); and
- To withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights you can contact us at Salthill Hotel and the Data Protection Representative (DPR) will facilitate you.
If we are unable to deal with your request fully within a calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests) we may extend this period by a further two calendar months and shall explain the reason why. If you make your request electronically, we will try to provide you with the relevant information electronically if possible.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at:
+353 57 8684800
+353 (0)761 104 800
Lo Call Number
1890 252 231
Data Protection Commissioner
8. How to contact us and our Data Protection Officer
If you have questions about how we use your information, you can reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com by mail at: Salthill Hotel, Salthill, Galway/
We may have to update our Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Any updates will be made available and where appropriate on our web site www.salthillhotel.com
Salthill Hotel wishes to assure you that we endeavour to operate in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.